We at Obviously Apparel take pride in earning your trust and loyalty, but also keeping it that way. Therefore we want you to understand how we collect, store and handle your personal data.
Nothing is changing in regards to your current settings or how your information is processed. Rather, we’ve improved the way we describe our practices.
Personal data you share with us
We may ask for personal data when you order from us; this includes when you order from the Obviously Apparel website (the Website) or when you sign up to our mailing list.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- Name (including title);
- Delivery address;
- Billing address;
- Payment card details;
- Phone number;
- Date of birth;
- Email address.
We only collect information that is necessary, relevant and adequate for the purpose you are providing it for.
Personal data we collect about you
We will collect your information when you use the Website. Some of this data does not identify you personally but provides us with information about how you engage with us in order to improve our services and make them more useful to you.
The information we collect includes but is not limited to:
- The date and time you visited the Website;
- The pages you visited on the Website and how long you visited us for;
- The products you viewed or added to your basket;
- Your IP address;
- Your location (where you have permitted access to this);
- The internet browser and devices you are using;
- Cookie or Pixel information;
- Any information within correspondence you send to us.
When you engage with us in a business context, we may collect your job title, company contact details (including email addresses), and company details (some of which we may obtain from an online or public business directories).
Purposes of the data processing
Below we have specified the purposes for which your personal data have been requested:
- To complete the registration of your account of Obviously Apparel, to manage your orders and send any requests
- When paying via PayPal, your payment data is being transmitted to PayPal. PayPal reserves the right to carry out credit check, for this purpose, your payment data may be passed on to credit agencies on the basis of PayPal's legitimate interest in determining your solvency;
- To allow Obviously Apparel to send you advertising materials/newsletter, and invitations to promotional events/sales organised by Obviously Apparel; you will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam
- If you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, we will send you regular information about our offers. The only mandatory information for sending the newsletter is your e-mail address. The indication of additional possible data is voluntary and is used to be able to address you personally;
- You can unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time via the link provided in the newsletter;
- To analyse your consumption habits and preferences to ensure our initiatives are in line with them
- It is both in your and our interest to get to know you better and improve our products and services accordingly.
The processing as described above, will guarantee the security and confidentiality of the information you provide.
Data collected through the Website will be processed by means of manual, computerised or electronic tools, designed to guarantee the security and confidentiality of the same and will be performed by staff who have been appropriately trained in compliance with the applicable law.
While we place great importance on the security of all personal data associated with our cutomers/users, we cannot guarantee that the data you disclose to us will be 100% secure. You accept the inherent security implications of dealing online over the Internet and will not hold Obviously Apparel responsible for any data breach unless it is due to our negligence.
Disclosure of your personal data
Your personal data will not be published, displayed or made available for viewing by unidentified parties.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. Third party partners include:
- Payment providers;
- IT support;
- Marketing agencies/contractors;
- Legal and other professional advisors.
We only disclose information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated nonspecific data sets wherever possible.
We will also respond to requests for personal data where required by to do so by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on us.
Duration of storage of personal data
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected.
Your personal data will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish us to keep your data.
Rights of the data subject
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have;
- The right to restrict (prevent) the processing of your personal data;
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes;
- The right to data portability. This means that you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases;
- The right to lodge a complaint.
Protecting the safety and privacy of children is very important to us. We will not knowingly collect or use personal data from anyone under the age of sixteen (16) years, or any other age limit sets out by the law of your country of residence. By registering on the Website, you confirm that you have reached the age of majority.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.